Insurance claim investigation

himaboveall

I got a mail from insurance asking for me to provide recorded statements regarding their investigation on a car accident I was involved in. They're saying they reserve the right to deny coverage due to issue with compliance. And then it states" Any action taken by (insurance) to investigate, pay, evaluate, defend or otherwise adjust any claim present, shall not waive any terms of conditions of the policy mentioned above, nor shall any such actions waive any of our other rights. The accident happened a while ago and I thought it had already been dealt with so I'm not sure what this is for. Should I answer them or get a lawyer first for consultation?

@himaboveall It means that just because they are investigating they are not accepting liability. It sounds like the claim was filed late and they are reviewing as a courtesy.

@himaboveall One of your duties under the insurance contract is to cooperate with your insurance company's investigation into any claims made. If you want to be covered by your policy then you to need to contact your insurance company and talk to them about what happened.

@himaboveall If this is your insurance company, this is their attempt to get you to cooperate with their investigation, which you are required to do per your policy. If you don’t cooperate, they will deny coverage for your claim and if you are sued, they will not pay for your defense. Give your statement.