In laws trying to screw us? Or are they right?

abhijoy21

So, my fiancé and I are on the same car insurance as our in-laws at farmers, however since we all have our own vehicles we all have our own policies we pay for, for our own vehicles. They told my fiancé last night that our tickets we got Over 1 & 3 years ago, and our new car we got 6 months ago, is just NOW affecting their policy and it’s going up. They expect us to switch off of their insurance in 3 days or pay them the difference. Their policy is coming to an end and increasing. We’re in the middle of our 6 month policy…. Something isn’t adding up to me. They say we have 3 days to make a decision however, we still have 3 months until our policy is up….. sounds to me like they just want us to pay their difference. Am I wrong? My sister & brother in law also have farmers, and their policy is also increasing….

Edit: me and my parents-in-laws all do live in the same house. Technically there’s a downstairs living area, and an upstairs living area. So we live “separately” but together on the same property. My brother and sister in law live about 1.5 hours away, so they’re on their own complete policy.

Edit: our insurance rates went up at the time we got the tickets. That’s another reason I don’t believe it’s just NOW affecting them. It’s been affecting us the whole time, how is it just NOW starting to affect their policy? They also got a new car recently. Our rates did not go up when they added a new car to their policy.