@seewithgreatereyes RN here- YSK back surgeries have a low success rate. Physical therapy and rest do more to get you back on the pain free path. You won’t be lifting weights or running any races, but you’ll be able to function without pain.

@slp2011 The crazy thing is I've literally tried everything I could get my hands on without a prescription and the only relief I got albeit just for a few hours what this huge midevil looking corset style back brace but I had to take it off because I couldn't really move like I needed too at work and trying to work with it on was causing other parts of my body to get sore.

@seewithgreatereyes Your back probably needs rest, which is why the brace feels good to wear. Generally, what helps people the most is a short period of rest (like a week or two) followed by modifying your activity so you stay active but avoid heavy or repetitive lifting.

@seewithgreatereyes If this is work related, and it sounds like it is you NEED to handle this through workmen’s comp.

State disability payments time out much faster than workmen’s comp. You need to make sure this is categorized appropriately to ensure your employer pays for the PT and you get a financial stipend to help you get by.