[ILLINOIS] TWO letters same day first UI finding then Corrected determination letter? confused am I approved?

dannypham123212

I received two letters from IDES TODAY- both dated same 11/23. one letter: UI findings, showing certification date 12/07 shows Employer A and references four quarters for 2021 at the bottom in qualifying period quarters and wages paid. At the top last employer: EMPLOYER B. Unemployed reason: Laid off (lack of work)

Other letter received says "corrected determination" at the top. The body says the following corrected determination has been made in connection with the claim for unemployment insurance benefits: ineligible for voluntary leaving (employer A is referenced) deny effective: 04/10/22-11/19/22

To clarify I worked for an employer A for two years ending 03/30/22. I voluntary left that job. NOT FILING FOR UNEMPLOYMENT for EMPLOYER A!

Started another job 05/26/22 (employer B) worked until 11/18/22. Four employees in my dept were laid off for the season HR advised us unemployment will be approved on their end. WE just needed to file. Employer B said we will see you in April/MAy of next year. I do have contact with a co-worker that was in lay off meeting with me. she was approved already with her UI finding. I Worked full time Monday-FRIDAY for 6 months. (Coworker started five days after me for refernce)

Why is my former employer (Employer A) referenced in corrected determination? I called the 800-244-5631 number at the top of the form to confirm if I was approved or not. The rep couldn't understand why I would be mailed a corrected determination-or figure out what needed to be corrected that would prompt me to receive the correction. The only thing she could tell me was that "I should be okay" but will find out if my first deposit isn't made two to three days after I certify -as if that isn't obvious. Not exactly a vote of confidence. 50 minutes later and I was not anymore clear on approval.

I have searched high and low for a corrected determination for in Illinois in google-nothing. EDITED: reviewing the unemployment handbook (834 pages) says this is Notice of the Claims Adjudicator's Determination Form ADJ004L (written at bottom :ADJ004L)

I want to file a appeal but the rep says she thinks i should be fine?!?!?! I don't want to file if truly approved and mess something up. I left Employer A voluntarily NO dispute with that. Not claiming unemployment with employer A. I am applying for unemployment for Employer B - job I was laid off from. THe one i have worked full time at for SIX months since May 2022.

Employer B laid us off temporarily said if anything comes up over winter I will be first to call but for sure in April/May we all will be back.

Sorry this is so long-or if i posted incorrectly.

Should I file appeal or wait until after I certify and god forbid do not receive deposit? I am so confused and upset why are they using my previous job that i left from voluntarily? This makes no sense

@dannypham123212 It says you are disqualified until November 19, 2022. If you are approved from this last job, that would be starting after 11/19/22. Now, you just need them to approve you from 11/19/22 going forward based on this last (seemingly qualifying) job separation.

If you appeal, you are stating that they are wrong and you should be eligible from April to Nov 19 - is that what you are trying to appeal?

Okay thank you for clarification, I don't want/need unemployment for that period. I was working until 11/18. I need it going forward from 11/19. I appreciate your response, you were more helpful than IDES rep ( who was kind but confused .)

You cleared it up it was confusing because they were both mailed out on the same day! Definitely don't want to put in a appeal that is unwarranted. Thanks again.

@vlavender The letter states: in order to requalify for benefits, the claimant has to have employment in at least four calendar weeks and has earnings in each of those weeks that equal or exceed current weekly benefit amount.

@dannypham123212 That's because your base period is July 2021 to June 2022. So they only see you worked a few weeks in June 2022 and according to their system you didn't work enough to requalify. You did but they don't see it so you need to appeal this denial and send them paystubs showing you did work enough after you quit.

@vlavender Now the other letter received the UI FINDING letter states benefit begin date is 04/10/22 benefit year end date 04/09/23.

The UI FINDING also shows My last employer correctly (the one I was laid off from)gives monetary weekly benefit amount dollar amount. Says date of claim is 11/20.

The letter CORRECTED DETERMINATION LETTER: states Deny effective 04/10/22-11/19/22 ( employer A- the employment I quit and am not requesting unemployment from)

When I applied it showed my employer b and dollar amount earnings , that amount matched my earnings over six months when I compared.

@vlavender I should appeal, I don't understand why claimant services isn't more helpful, rep did not even know what letters were mailed to me. And couldn't explain meaning of letter after it was read verbatim to her.

Odd they refer you to call that number if you are unclear or have questions but claimant services is even more clueless than the actual claimant causing more confusion. Especially telling me I should be fine not to worry.

I just spoke with another representative at claimant services who was actually extremely helpful and read through the letter and said I was good to go I am approved after 11/20. Thanks everyone who answered/ responded to this thread much appreciated 👍🏼