[Illinois] Anyone get their 1099-G yet?

meka54

UPDATE It is 1/29 and I have received the email from IDES with my 1099-G. Thanks to all who rode the wave of waiting with me and really really best of luck through this pandemic rollercoaster*

So, on 1/3 I got an email from IDES confirming my email address to electronically receive my 1099-G. They referenced a timeline of, “in January”. It said I’d get an email from them when it was available to print. I haven’t received that email so I thought I’d see if it’s a available when I log into the IDES website. I submitted my info and it said “1099G Is not available since no benefits were paid in past 8 years”. I definitely received benefits in 2020, I’m not sure if it’s saying that because 2020 isn’t ready or if something is messed up in my info.

Any experience with your Illinois 2020 1099-G you can share would be awesome, thank you!

@meka54 Same here. Got error message "1099G is not available since no benefits were paid in past 8 years." So I guess they send it when it's ready?

@meka54 No worries, my fiancee and I were just looking into the same thing given how the year went. Fingers crossed the email me something soon I guess? Best of luck to you!!

@meka54 Ive also had the sa.e issue. Hence why im here on reddit. I also was lke " so sometime in late jan you say?? So the last day right?" Haha. Ughh Illinois .. * eye roll*

@dishfarmer Idk what the timeline is as far as legality is concerned but the email I said “In January...” no word on when in January just, “in January”. Soooo there’s only a couple days left, surely they’ll get them out on/before the 31st 🤞🏼🤞🏼 I don’t want to REALLY panic until after that.

@meka54 I just got the email notification today. Though I’m confused because it provided me with Copy B and says,

“The amount of Unemployment Insurance Benefits you received has been reported to the Internal Revenue Service. Keep this copy for your records. Do not attach to your income tax return.”

... so do I just leave it out?

@resjudicata Awesome that you got it!! I’m going to be checking mine non stop now.

Are you planning to file on paper or electronically? I recommend H&R Block’s website. You can file for free and it walks you through step by step. You keep all papers, just enter the info into your tax return that you’re preparing.
(I am not a tax professional so, you know, don’t take what I say as 100%, but I do have a sweet culinary degree and was awesome at catering and event planning, and have been filing my taxes this way for years, though this year is my first time incorporating unemployment)

Thanks for letting me know you got your email!

@resjudicata No problem. I used to pay for TurboTax but realized about 5 years ago, I think, that I could do them for free and file electronically. It was really easy to use.

Thank you! I’ll keep my eyes peeled. :)

@meka54 I received mine an hour ago. anyone using turbo tax to file taxes? When I view my 1099 g it looks like this: Tax Year- 2020, Benefits paid - $$, state tax withheld - $$, federal tax withheld - $$ then my ID number.

on turbo tax it asks for box 1 (unemployment and compensation and paid family leave) Is that were I put my benefits paid? I know where to put state and tax withheld numbers at. That's the only box I am unsure of.

@pederl It gave definitions for each of the boxes, just didn’t number them. Your total paid amount, federal taxes you had withheld, state taxes you had withheld and IDES federal ID number (their FEIN).
The only part I struggled with was the “state ID” H&R Block’s website asked for so I just used the FEIN again and it accepted it.
I’m no tax pro but if you have more questions I might be able to help. Good luck!

@pederl I haven’t used the program you’re using but it should ask for each of the numbers on your form:
Total compensation
Federal taxes withheld
State taxes withheld
The EIN, name and address for IDES.

I’m not a tax professional but it sounds like your total compensation from the form should be entered there, yes.