Idea for the second pillar: Choice between 2nd pillar chosen by employer and a vested benefits account

@ale4614 you guys get that 1% was a good performance during 2016 and 2022?

You guys only Talk about Short Term gains but missed out that our pension funds had to work with negative interesst, that we even couldn’t have 100.000.- parked at postfinance without paying a fee for it each month?

2/3 pillars are for security.

@ale4614 This shows you have zero experience, 2016 to 2023 had years with -15 and +25…

How would you react having your life savings in one ETF and then covid then russian invasion…

You need to have a Safe Place to park money, we had the difficult situation and even unique that we had 8 years negative interest, the fees where high just to keep your money, somewhere where you don’t see -10% a day….

@ale4614 You can still do that ....with your own money. I regard the 2nd Pillar as my "bonds"the stable investment. That means I can do whatever I like with my other money. It seems you are too young to remember the crashes of 2000 and 2008. I think in the long term you will be happy that your 2nd Pillar is so stable.

@mcnelly You dont need bonds that early in life, thats for closer to retirement. Right now its just eating performance. I need someone to program a calculator but conservatively the average Swiss will lose a few 100'000 Chf with the current system compared to a more stocks-heavy approach.

@ale4614 When you are that young, you pay very little into the 2nd pillar, both as a percentage and as an absolute number. I don't see why you are so upset about it. Most people double or even triple their 2nd pillar between 50 and 65.

I think it's telling that you focused on my use of the word "bonds" (I used quotes as an indicator that it is a stand-in word for safe investment), but failed to reference the crashes I mentioned.

Like I said: You can do whatever you want with the rest of your money, nobody is stopping you!

If you don't have any other money to invest, I think spending your energy on getting a higher income would be a better use of your time.