I quit my job giving a 2 weeks notice (verbally) and I was not on schedule this week, is this considered wrongful termination?

postimpatica

I was counting on the income I could get for the next 2 weeks of work, wondering if I gave up my severance but giving notice to my employer, If I knew it would’ve happened I would’ve quit on the spot at the end of the month…

@postimpatica you'd be entitled to regular hours or pay inside of those 2 weeks. they could site workload and likey get out of paying if they omitted you from the schedule. always put your notice in writing! paper trail on everything. they have to provide a roe (record of employment) the cause for leaving will be on there. I suspect your last day will still be the end of the 2 weeks, you're just not on the schedule

@postimpatica It’s unfortunate but If you don’t have regular hours and it’s a varying schedule they can lower your hours to prioritize other employees. I hope you are doing alright!

@postimpatica They don’t have to pay you anything matter what notice they give your whatever they can just not pay you unless you have like a severance package or you paid in the private whatever but if you’re talking like you know minimum wage job or you definitely stay that you weeks because you’re gonna need that reference somebody to call at that previous work in case you don’t work out. Having allies at your previous workplace that would take a phone call. I have a new job from you and keep the good word it is priceless I know I had to squeeze my butt cheeks a couple times just to stick in for another week because I was sick. I will a lot of things were going on, but it paid off.

@postimpatica I don’t burn your bridges that’s all I Gotta say because if things don’t work out and you leave on good terms, there’s a good chance that they’ll hire you back if you need that because yeah trust me I’ve been in retail management for a while and I’ve seen it happen. Trust me a lot more than you think. Sometimes, if you need to supplement your income or make a little extra cash, I would usually hire back good employees for part time during the holiday rush, which usually happen with several, because we were all friends. Didn’t have to train him and yeah.win win