I PCS’d back to US in Sept 2019, just got a debt letter from DFAS for $17K!

@nimbus I submitted a ticket and haven’t had any update in weeks… how did you get information or update from them? I did call and they said to submit a ticket… it’s been over two weeks

@tylerw Hi, sorry to hear this! When I submitted the askDFAS ticket, I got a link that I could check to see if anyone had seen it. I also set it up to get emails if there was any activity from their side. I obsessively clicked the link the first 2 days, but then heard back from them within a week and they had resolved the issue. I’d submit another ticket & mention that you just submitted one on whatever date & haven’t heard anything.

Also, I did contact my congressperson, and got info on submitting a request there. I heard back from them in about 4 weeks, but by then it had been resolved. (I admit, I was curious about how long it would take for them to contact me…so I didn’t.tell them when DFAS resolved it!) If you submit another and don’t hear back, I’d say this is the way to go…they are supposed to deal with federal agencies for their voters.

Good luck!