I negotiated 1k+ on my gross ACV for my totaled car

@asong4him That's not a negotiation. That's a true-up of values based on additional information.

A negotiation is where each party tries to convince the other of their opinion. You claim is simple math, nothing more. This is in no way a dig on you, just an explanation of what actually happened.

@asong4him They said there’s no way you are going to get up to 8k. You got 7.1k. It sounds like they were right.

And yeah, you didn’t negotiate a higher value. You verified coverage and options were accurate. Something I can pretty much guarantee you were told to do in that other thread.

@scottdarrygriffiths 7.1k is gross ACV. Title fees, taxes are another 800 on top of that. So I did get 7.9k. I did negotiate $300 for the repairs I got done, apart from the 1k of custom parts. So, no, I did negotiate the $300.

@asong4him And when most of us are talking values for a vehicle, it’s going to be gross ACV. Because title fees and taxes will change state to state.

So congrats on proving everyone right in your brag attempt here?

@asong4him That’s because it’s a sub to receive answers on insurance questions from insurance professionals. What POV do you expect to get?

And no, it wasn’t a negotiation. You merely provided supporting documentation.

Negotiating occurs regularly in injury claims for undocumented, grey area type values. PD is merely documented value, there is no negotiation, merely substantiation.

@asong4him You didn’t negotiate, you provided documentation.

Negotiation has nothing to do with settling material damage claims.

I do it dozens of times a day, you didn’t negotiate anything, you provided documentation for increased value. Those are two mutually exclusive things.

@asong4him As a total loss adjuster, I wish I had more customers like you. All of mine just bitch and moan but rarely actually provide documentation. Those that actually do support their claims, I'm glad to pay more.

@fyvon “Please provide me invoices for the work performed to your vehicle. I will send you an email so you can send them directly to me. Your LAST DAY OF RENTAL is XXX.”

Never fails. I have invoices within 24 hours, and if I don’t, their last day of rental still stands as I have offered them a settlement.

Context: my company wants me to settle 4.5 total losses per day, and I have 7.9.

Use the assumptive sale method, and put the onus of responsibility on them.

@nuresearcher That's exactly what I do. And I'll walk them through every comp on our valuation to show the data. The majority do accept the initial offer, but most of those who don't just make baseless demands for days.