I need advice please! 27/M

brokenbones76

In 6 months I have changed a lot. 6 months ago I didn’t care if I lived or died but recently I’ve realized I want to live a long healthy life.

I’m 27 and unfortunately I do not have healthcare. I plan on getting on my works plan In November when they offer it again but I’m in dire need of help and advice.

Recently I’ve been experiencing some movement in my stomach area and I am sure that I have a hernia on both sides of my stomach. I have no health care atm tho. How can I get this looked at? What do I need to do? I do not want to wait till
November and take the chance of something happening. My sister was also diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon Cancer and that worries me. Along with that I am sure I have other health issues that need to be addressed.

What would you say I do? I want to get looked at but at the same time I do not want to be left with a massive health care bill. I really do not know what to do. I really want to go get looked at but I have no insurance and I cannot afford a outrages hospital bill. Can someone please give me some advice?

I’m almost to the point where I’m just gonna go in there and take the debt because truly me living longer is worth more then money ever will be. But if anyone has advice I’d truly appreciate it. Thank you

@brokenbones76 For general care, you can visit your nearest federally qualified health center. They operate on sliding scale models for uninsured individuals.

You likely make too much to qualify for Iowa's Medicaid program, and I'm hesitant to claim you'll qualify for the existing unwinding special enrollment period that some folks are able to leverage--you'll want to fill out an application through healthcare.gov to determine whether there's any paths forward there or not. Otherwise, you may need to consider a part time job that offers access to benefits. Once you get access to those benefits, you can leave that position, triggering a qualifying life event for either healthcare.gov or your employer's insurance plan.