I made a comparison website that helps you find the best interest rate in less than 60 seconds

derekmc

After using other comparison sites that were clunky, incomplete and old, I wanted to build the tool that I needed to find the best accounts for saving & investing.

That’s how Savrday.com was born.

At the moment you can compare:
I have also built a simple tool to compare how much more you could save by switching providers.

The website is currently in testing, completely free, collects no sensitive data and has no affiliate links.

I’d appreciate any feedback from this community to know what tools/products/information would be helpful to maximise your savings.

(Here is a feedback form for anyone that doesn’t want to comment)Thanks again!

@derekmc Looks good. I think it would be helpful to automatically sort by interest paid high to low as opposed to having to manually apply for a filter.

Further, I think the restrictions (e.g. max 4 withdrawals a year) should be made more prominent and immediately visible rather than having to click for details.

@evangbessawa Good point, I suppose it doesn’t make sense to have them ordered alphabetically. I can make those changes quickly!

Did you use the calculator at all? I’d be interested to hear if you found it helpful, confusing etc?

@derekmc You're resetting the state on the calculator every time you calculate. Consider persisting the values client side.

You should probably have a cookie opt-out popup to keep on the right side of GDPR. Your privacy policy states you use cookies, but I can't see any cookies being stored with an inspector, apart from a csrf token.

@kurbatskiy
You're resetting the state on the calculator every time you calculate. Consider persisting the values client side.

Yep, that's on the backlog to completely revamp the calculator and give more options for customisation too. I appreciate refreshing the page and persisting the values is clunky.

As for the cookie opt out, thanks for pointing that out. I use Mixpanel for analytics so that is the other cookie. I'll put that on the backlog as a priority!

Appreciate you taking the time!

@ess99 No API... I tried to find one but there is nothing with the information I needed out there. Open banking only shows you the account values for customers, not the product details like interest rates.

So for now it's manually gathering the information and updating periodically. Part of the aim is to automate all of this either through code or by hiring someone!

@hoppfull Fair point, MSE does have really great coverage of most products, and well written guides. I want to separate out savrday to be more of a tool to compare providers, rather than just editorial content.

Is there anything you feel MSE could be doing better?

@carbon_64 Good spot! Just added these both to the site.

At the moment we've got a limited selection of products up, but the plan is to have the most up-to-date directory of UK personal finance providers.

Is there anything else you'd like to see on the site?

@derekmc How are you determining interest rates?

You've got Monzo at 3.4% which is the rate via a savings pot (on the actual current account I don't think they do interest unless you have one of their paid accounts) but chase you have at 1% which is what they have for their current account but they offer a saver account (pretty much the same as a pot at 3.3%).

@shannonthetigermom11 At the moment it’s a lot of manual checking, which does make it harder to maintain. (This is how other similar sites do this).

As I build out the product directory the plan is to hire someone & use AI to keep these products as up to date and accurate as possible!