I live in Michigan, where I HAVE to have car insurance.

quintellavm

I (22 F) canceled it more than 6 months ago to save some money but I’m going to need to get another provider soon. Any ideas on how to get cheap car insurance or what is my first steps in finding another insurance person lol. I had Nulty auto insurance before.
It will be the same car if that makes any difference
Thank you so much for the help y’all

@quintellavm Michigan, check. Young driver, check. Lapse in coverage, check. There is not going to be any "cheap" insurance for you because it doesn't exist. Call a few independent brokers who can shop multiple companies as well as a couple captive agents. Pick the best one for you. Don't cheap out on liability. 100/300 minimum.

@quintellavm next time and this will save you money in the long run, look for broad form insurance (insuring your license) or put your car into storage coverage, some carriers allow that with only one car on the policy, some wont and it will still show you maintaining insurance.

@quintellavm You need to check a broker, specifically one that works with "high risk" individuals like yourself. I recommend AgentsChoice. Com (not affiliated). Then, after 6 months of being insured you can switch to a "standard" company (I. E. You'll no longer be high risk) for a much lower rate.

A lapse in coverage will always cost you more in the long run.