I just got my will and Vorsorgeauftrag notarized at 24 - ask me anything!

@tom112 Partner, siblings, parents, extended family; people really change getting older and not always in the same direction one does.

Plus, uncovering traumas and having realizations over past conditions can make one change their minds over people.

Anyway, great thing you've got it sorted out in any case; you surely can amend it as wish later, and of course you know better for yourself!
(Just shared a thought due to my messy childhood, thanks therapy)

@amandae Oh yeah, I can relate. Part of why I did it was also the realization that I am very much done with my mother after how she treated me and I wouldn‘t want her to get any of my money if something happens.

@tom112 What does inheritance law says by default? Regarding risk from estranged parents? And what about if they're in eu country, and me here, which inheritance law applies?

I'm married, no kids.

I think by default here surviving spouse gets everything, and in case of disability/no consciousness spouse also it's main for care and decisions if you can't do them?

But what is default if both spouses were in an accident and in coma? Or both demented? Or both die in accident?

There is half sister (my mother's first daughter), and my husband's brother. And both set of parents. Mine don't deserve anything, his shouldn't get anything 😂

But I'm interested to hear how it works here by default if you maybe know?