I got hit by a car… how much will i make?

@gatodeq She may have 250/500 bodily injury liability which would mean since you are only 1 person the max would be 250k minus medical bills, attorney fees etc. She may also have an umbrella policy which could be additional 1-5 million as well, your attorney should be able to find out during proceedings. On the other hand she may have state minimum 25/50.

@gatodeq Having enough for the car depends on the woman’s policy limits. For example, let’s say she has 250/500 limits, which is considered good or high. I think that based on your injuries, cost of your treatment, age, etc… you would probably get the $250k easy. However, deduct from that the Atty’s 35% and any outstanding (unpaid) medical bills… I don’t know if you would have enough left over to buy a used Mclaren.

And seriously, terrible idea, I know you are like 18 and I have a 19 yr old son at home, so I don’t get douche vibes, just naivety.

Can you just buy a nice type R and call it a day? Hondas also have great resale value.

@kingdomdoors I would buy an FK8 but honestly they look a bit too aggressive for me… Maybe if this ends up taking a year than FL5s will be going for something reasonable. I would important a EK9, but I worry that the Colorado climate would ruin such a beautiful vehicle.

By the way, I’m not knocking the FK8, its performance is undeniable.

I’m not gonna lie, I really wasn’t trying to be a douche bag. I’m just really curious and my parents aren’t being supportive at all about the whole legal process, so I thought I would try forums. All of my past forum experiences were automotive related and incredibly positive so I wasn’t expecting this.

@gatodeq Your losses sustained will be covered up to the maximum limits of her auto insurance. Insurance is about indemnification ( returning one to the condition that they we're in prior to loss). So the insurance company is not there to make this a personal financial windfall, but if the woman is properly insured your medical bills and revovery will be covered. Hope you are well soon.

@gatodeq So your lawyer will most likely get more than you. You will not get a McLaren, nor should you be allowed to own one, the monthly insurance will be unaffordable. Also this all depends on how much coverage the other driver has.. if she only has 30,000 in pip then you might see 10,000 on a good day. If she has 10,000 then you might see 3,000.