I got hit by a car… how much will i make?

@gatodeq She may have 250/500 bodily injury liability which would mean since you are only 1 person the max would be 250k minus medical bills, attorney fees etc. She may also have an umbrella policy which could be additional 1-5 million as well, your attorney should be able to find out during proceedings. On the other hand she may have state minimum 25/50.

@gatodeq Having enough for the car depends on the woman’s policy limits. For example, let’s say she has 250/500 limits, which is considered good or high. I think that based on your injuries, cost of your treatment, age, etc… you would probably get the $250k easy. However, deduct from that the Atty’s 35% and any outstanding (unpaid) medical bills… I don’t know if you would have enough left over to buy a used Mclaren.

And seriously, terrible idea, I know you are like 18 and I have a 19 yr old son at home, so I don’t get douche vibes, just naivety.

Can you just buy a nice type R and call it a day? Hondas also have great resale value.

@kingdomdoors I would buy an FK8 but honestly they look a bit too aggressive for me… Maybe if this ends up taking a year than FL5s will be going for something reasonable. I would important a EK9, but I worry that the Colorado climate would ruin such a beautiful vehicle.

By the way, I’m not knocking the FK8, its performance is undeniable.

I’m not gonna lie, I really wasn’t trying to be a douche bag. I’m just really curious and my parents aren’t being supportive at all about the whole legal process, so I thought I would try forums. All of my past forum experiences were automotive related and incredibly positive so I wasn’t expecting this.

@gatodeq Your losses sustained will be covered up to the maximum limits of her auto insurance. Insurance is about indemnification ( returning one to the condition that they we're in prior to loss). So the insurance company is not there to make this a personal financial windfall, but if the woman is properly insured your medical bills and revovery will be covered. Hope you are well soon.