I am 8 week pregnant and I can't make an appt with any obgyn because apparently I have 2 insurances and nobody accept the combination

akorede

I used to work full time and I had Horizon blue cros blue shell. I left that job on July and become full time student so, I got Horizon NJ health. Wen I found out I'm pregnant I tried to make an appt with a obgyn but, they denied the service because in the system appears I have both insurances active. The place I used to work forgot to take me out of the insurance. I called to Horizon BC.BS and explained the situation but they told me I can't diactivated the service becayse tje company Iworked for has to do it. I don't know what to do. 2 weeks ago I called my previous work place and they told me they forgot to do it but they will do it soon and as today it still active. HELP!

@akorede Have you tried a different Obgyn. Give/ mention/ say to them/ your current insurance to atleast secure an appointment as you wait for the fix. Not an insurance person but thats what I would do

@akorede Why would your OBGYN deny the service if you have two insurances? You can tell them that sometimes it takes a while for insurances to update their website to reflect accurate information. Or COB (coordination of benefits).

I would also call horizon back and have them do a 3 way call with your previous employer to get it resolved asap. They will also most likely backdate that information to reflect when you left the company because they (your old employer) would be paying to keep you on there since they wouldn't be getting money back from you for that insurance in your paychecks.