I’m setting up a e commerce clothing brand but I don’t know which bank to go with

eli88

I’ll be operating as an LTD and my work will primarily be importing blanks from American and Asia so I’ll need good conversation rates for said areas. I’ve seen Starling and Barclays be highly regarded but I’d like to know which bank is the best for what I’m doing (e commerce clothing) and if Starling or Barclays is better.

@eli88 It will make about zero difference until you're earning a steady and quite large amount, at which point the landscape will look different and you can reassess. All you really need is a place to get money paid into and transfer out.

If one of them has good, fast, cheap international transfers like Monzo does with Wise, then I'd go for that, provided you're using bank transfers to pay for stock. If you're using a debit card for purchases, then it goes back to not really being important.

@eli88 Formed a Ltd recently and found Monzo was the easiest and quickest to get sorted. Barclays you need to wait for a call back from a business manager and it was a pain and they didnt ring back in the timescales they said (by then had already got a Monzo sorted). Starling asks 101 questions including links to items that you will be buying, selling etc so that put me off halfway through the app