How would you keep your losses at a minimum with vehicle replacement?

@goodoldan Bought a new car for the first time in my life back in September. It is a Ford Maverick hybrid. The issue is I ordered it in October of 2021. So I waited almost two years to get it. However, I ordered it before car prices skyrocketed, I got grandfathered in on the price. So my model year 2023 Ford Maverick with zero miles and 40 mi a gallon only cost me $22.9k. The current price for a MY24 for the same truck is $28k

The current car market is so wacky right now. I would consider ordering a new vehicle direct from a dealer. Make sure they'll lock in the price MSRP or lower. The trick is that there is no commitment to order a vehicle from a dealer. The dealer orders it from the factory, and you get to decide whether you want to buy it after you review it and drive it. Don't know if that hack is still workable now that many car manufacturers are catching up on chips. But it was a better deal for us to buy new than it was to buy used in terms of car quality and price.

@goodoldan Stuff that is quiet and good over bumps are not cheap or get good mpg. Good mpg = light hence the noise and bumpyness. I would prioritize your comfort and safety over everything else - hell you are pretty much living most of your life in that vehicle. I would say a lexus es350 would work great, but you hate sedans, so maybe a lexus rx350. 2018 50k. They are both very quiet and smooth as hell, but your mpgs will suffer vs some shitcan. They both last with simple maintenance and take regular unleaded. You only live once, so live better...