How would you keep your losses at a minimum with vehicle replacement?

@ladyofthedogs If he’s driving 65-75k miles a year, how exactly do you think he’s gonna drive that many miles on a car that goes a couple hundred miles on a charge? Do you plan on him sitting at a charger half his life?

We already are seeing people who use teslas as cabs and put high mileage having their batteries completely die after a couple years. You cannot constantly fast charge an ev and have the battery last.

@goodoldan I'm always amazed that there are people in America who drive 6000 miles a month, or 300 miles a day (assuming one is working 5 days a week). That's just an insane amount of miles. I just can't wrap my head around those numbers.

And this is just the commute. I can't even imagine driving 150 miles one way, every single day, which would be about 2.5 hours of solid high speed driving, and then working a full 9 hours, and then driving 150 miles back to home. Only to do the same thing the next day and the day after.

@davidanderson1985 No, if they are reimbursed for mileage, they’re not driving to an office and back…their job is partly being on the road like a salesman of some kind. The IRS doesn’t allow for standard mileage reimbursement deductions for driving to work and back. So essentially, their job IS on the road (while being paid and reimbursed for mileage) for a good chunk of their day.

@goodoldan I keep seeing Mitsubishi Outlanders for sale with 25k-50k miles on them for around $10,000. We've had ours for 10 years, 200,000 miles plus and have only ever had regular maintenance costs (oil changes, tires, wipers). They get decent gas mileage- especially if you get the 4 cylinder.