How unrealistic is expecting 1% per day gain in serious active intraday trading ?

@bonnieb Here's why it's unlikely to work:

You are not generating any net alpha with your trading strategy. For example if you hold a basket of stocks which are representative of the overall market. For simplicity, let's assume the stock prices follow a random walk. Meaning prices can go up or down at a given point with equal probability. In this case, the expected value of your gains is 0. I can try working out the math if I sit on it for a few hours.

In the real-world, you will still make gains is if the market is going up - but you're not making any alpha over the market because you don't have any specific information the market doesn't know about. A simple way to try it out is to backtest your strategy on historical market data and see what results you get :)

@bonnieb Disclaimer: Do not take my advice as professional advice
But, instead of trading in Stocks you should try trading in Indices such as NIFTY, BANK NIFTY, and that is only after you have understood some Technical analysis and have a good strategy. You should first learn a lot about TA and good startegies.
I would suggest you to watch some content by youtubers namely:
1). pivotcall

2). BoomingBulls

Both these guys do provide amazing content and are the only two youtubers on trading I would recommend to anyone. Go through their content first, learn a thing or two and then try paper trading on Indexes and if you make a strategy, do backtest it and THEN and THEN ONLY Should you start trading.

And Regarding the broker, GO with Zerodha, and I repeat never never Sign in with Upstox, they are fucking loaded with glitches(you can read about them online, how they made people lose money due to glitches)
Have a good day and Good Luck.

@ffffffffff10 I honestly don't think that there's anyone better than them on YouTube talking about trading in India. They are honest traders who do not intend to profit from others but who share knowledge.