How to tell AIB I’m still a student

smileelee22

So I have a student account I got when I was in secondary school. I’m now doing my masters in college. I heard that they keep a graduate account for you for 4 years after you finish. I never submitted any details to them, but I’m guessing they will cancel my account 4 years after my bachelors and not 4 years after my masters (+1 year), so what’s the best way to inform them so I have the longest time with the student account?

Thanks

@chris07ss They emailed me before to say they were switching me to a graduate account when I was still in college. I rang 3 times and was on hold consistently until my network cut me off (2 hours each time). Had to abandon it and just go with the graduate account.

@greatgrammyjean AIB student and graduate accounts automatically switch to normal personal account after a length of time. I know because thats what happened to me and I got a letter months in advance to let me know.

@smileelee22 The account automatically switches based on information you provided them at the time of opening. Be proactive or it’ll be switched. They run a migration once a year, every year

@smileelee22 Call into local branch and present a student ID. I did this even after my graduate account ended and they just opened a new student account and I transferred all my funds and payments to that.

@smileelee22 Call them. They’ll be fine but will probs have to cancel the card.
Bank of Ireland cancelled my card last week without notice and was without access for my card/apple pay. Had to go to the branch for withdrawals, which is just a nuisance with work and bank opening times etc.