Our annual bonus was just announced. I was happy to see that it was 14 L. My take home is 3 LPM. I was expecting a paycheck of 0.7 x (14+3) = 11.9 L

What I instead got was only 10L

When I checked, I was told that since my total annual payout was greater than 50L, they applied a surcharge on the entire taxable income!

No can do.

I was crestfallen. Talked to my CA. He said you have to pay it. No way out.

But Reddit always has a way. Please guide me, O wise ones!

@cruser1988 not in proportion of the income earned. poor pay more taxes in terms of percentage. you wouldnt want to trade places with them will you ? but you would trade places with the rich wont you ? so you know who you shouldnt cry about and who should pay more taxes.

@gvze And they won't ever increase their income either, because they vote for statues, free food, free electricity, kattar hindu, Muslim jihadi etc.

Instead of employment, developement or culture.

Also what's rich? Everyone on reddit is top ~10% of India, which is rich. And since only 2.5% pay direct taxes, they care about where it's spent. Since most of the country doesn't pay direct taxes, they don't think about the impact of their votes and government policies.

Indirect taxes are regressive yada yada, but pay taxes on your income and then you realise where does the govt get money and why it matters how it's spent. I can go on, but this bechara poor people argument is out of date, especially in the era of freebie politics.

@cruser1988 bla bla bla. you neither know the lives of rich nor of the poor. if you think they are rich and poor just because of how smart they are in their choices and how hard working they are, then you dont know life as well.

now tell me do you vote for someone who promises to save your religion ? i mean despite all your education do you fall prey to hate speeches and fake news that this regime is not corrupt ? just doing a reality check. i mean even if you dont, you know those who do. why do they do it ? what do you think ?

@gvze When you can't find a logical comeback, turn to whataboutery.

Please tell me what do you think is Rich in India first?

Also, nice assumptions, but what do you even know about what my conditions were growing up?

The second paragraph is so illogical, I don't want to touch it. You're asking me if I support the arguments that I just dissed.

Please if you're too illiterate or too impatient to read, stop having arguments for the sake of it.

Just doing a retard check.