How to Live Like a King on Very Little

@cleebrin Not necessarily. I once worked somewhere in shah alam and i opt to rent a room nearby the workplace for less than RM300. Everyday i walk to work and ride a bike sometimes.

@evilbeans Stupidest advice ever. Produce section empty after imports restricted. 14 days quarantine where would you get fresh produce, do you live on a farm or not eat for two weeks?

@evilbeans I'm not bashing anyone, I'm just pissed that anyone would still advocate that after I had to beg for food after the lockdown started.

At least I learned, during the sudden water shortage, I had tons of unhealthy, processed canned food, so I didn't starve this time because I didn't need water to cook it :)

@joep222w Go for healthy unprocessed one. Frozen veggies and fruits are cheaper and cost a fraction of the price than the fresh ones. And go for whole grains instead of simple carbs. Easiest one is brown rice, rolled oats and wholemeal bread. I know malaysians dont like it because it doesnt taste good. But foods are not entertainment anyway, it’s a nourishment. Eating the right food is an investment on our health. I’ve been eating brown rice since pandemic because i feel full after one serving. Thats how i save money and eat healthily.

@evilbeans
  1. Riding bike isn't for everyone
  2. (7) is very subjective
  3. What does (9) have to do with the topic at hand?
The rest I agree. Learning a small skill (like repairing stuff, or carpentry, electrical or even computer troubleshooting) goes A LOOOONG way.

@blayne
  1. I know it is not practical in malaysia
  2. Yes, no 7 isnt for everyone. But i enjoy doing it as a hobby sometimes.
  3. Afaik, it’s to encourage you to take a break from consumerism. Try creating one on your own like a book rack or any other simple furniture.