How much is reasonable health insurance allowance for a VA?

lawrencehart

Hi there po!

So yung company na nagcontract sakin as VA said they are going to give me an allowance for health insurance. We haven't gotten to discussing as to its frequency (like monthly allowance or semi-annual, or annual ba) and amount of allowance yet, that's why I turn here. I'm wondering (1) how much should be considered as sufficient and reasonable for my health insurance since si company naman magprovide ng allowance for it? (2) which health insurance providers or even HMO providers would be best for someone in her mid 20s, female, non smoker, non drinker din taking into consideration also the circumstanceof working graveyard VA?

Hoping for someone to enlighten me po regarding this, newbie VA here :)

@lawrencehart This depends sa budget nga ng company. Maybe possible na mapag-usapan niyo so once you have the details, you can start looking around.

For the coverage, minimum amount people would get is P1M. I’d say between P1-P3M would be reasonable if we talk about the realistic market needs. I know someone who had around P3M bills when he had cancer. His coverage was not even half a million. Again, depende pa rin sa budget ng company. Pwede mo rin namang dagdagan if you want a higher coverage.

I am from AIA Philippines (formerly known as Philam Life). We have health insurance like AIA Critical Protect 100. If not claimed for health, this serves as life insurance na rin which we’re covered until age 100. It also comes with AIA Vitality where you can earn weekly GCash for being active (walking, biking, etc.) at get discounts sa partners like PAL, TOBY’S, Makati Med at Hi-Precision among others. As a WFH employee, this motivates me to get out and keep moving. You can message me for a sample proposal.

For HMO, kaka acquire lang namin kay Medicard. Our premium is fixed so nothing to worry about increase in the next years.

@lawrencehart I think that would depend on their budget pero kung sila mismo mag dictate to give you an idea average budget for critical illness costs around 2-3M (I am actually from Sun Life and I can give you free quotation for this). HMO naman depends on the company. You can ask for quotation at Maria Health

Since you're a freelancer you also contribute separate for your Philhealth. As for contributions if unemployed that's 400/month. Pero humingi sila ng payslip for your VA, that will be of different quotation. You can simply go to any Philhealth office for this.