How much do I have to make to afford my dream car?

@bibletoyscom Making 300k? That sounds difficult, I don’t see a way of getting there without having a business. Im about to open a little jewelry store side hustle so hopefully that kicks off.

@eddified You really need to provide more info if you want a real answer. Own a home? Income? Net worth? Age? Kids? HCOL? Based solely on your post, don’t buy it. Seems like you’re trying to stretch.

@eddified There’s no reason you should be paying $1500 a month on that price point of a car with your income.

Save for a few months and put down as much as you can without depleting your emergency funds/savings accounts. You should be aiming somewhere around $40k down payment, to get your monthly payment ~$565. So 6-7 months of your current savings rate (assuming you’re starting from 0 savings).

Then, pay it off in the next year.

@elizabeth1979 What in the fuck does that have to do with anything? He could also hit the lotto at 35 and this entire post is a moot point. We have to stay within the bounds of reality here...

I said don't buy a new car that's $70k, I said nothing about "hoarding money" and all the fun OP "didn't have" (or won't have). Balance is key, buying a $70k car at 25 is not balance.

@ocean_illusion They’re not that rare, occasionally I see around 5-10 being sold nationally monthly. The main reason I want it low miles is because of the warranty, the car comes with 50k miles bumper to bumper and 70k miles powertrain.