How do you motivate yourself to save and pay off debt?

@homohabilis117 Set aside fun money and if there's something you really like save for it. For example I just purchased $400 boots I saved for. Have your money come directly out of you of your account into a savings and/or I have jars of money I save for other things like every month I'll set aside $100 for a trip or $50 for something I want to buy and then that money is at home so you can't spend it when you're out and I find it rewarding to watch it grow.

@homohabilis117 How do I keep at it? Well, first and foremost, I hate being in debt. Essentially, I have no money. There’s nothing to my name. I care about my future, and I want to reach a point where I don’t have to constantly worry about what I’ll do if something happens. Also, if you have money, you can make money off of your money by investing. But you can’t do any of that unless you’ve paid back what you spent and owe.

Unless you realize yourself the importance of financial responsibility and health, there won’t be many external factors that can motivate you. It’s all about self-motivation and drive.

You can do it!

@homohabilis117 Make a plan: It can be helpful to have a specific plan in place for how you're going to pay off your debt and save money. This could include setting specific financial goals (e.g. "pay off $5,000 in credit card debt by the end of the year"), creating a budget, and establishing a savings plan. Having a clear plan can give you a roadmap to follow and help you stay focused on your financial goals.

@homohabilis117 It's also worth noting that ADHD can sometimes make it more challenging to manage impulsivity and make long-term plans. If you think your ADHD is contributing to your difficulty sticking to your budget, it may be helpful to talk to a mental health professional about strategies for managing your symptoms.