@mournfulwatcher Get use to it and push yourself to the gym.

Commuting to the gym will be the hardest part when you are low on mental energy. However, once you start exercising, that lethargy will subside.

@mournfulwatcher As long as you're in this sort of corporate job you just...need to deal with it. Like not in a condensing "I do it and you have to too" but in a "there's really nothing else" way.

@newby75 I know this question i probably need to ask my boss, but in a corporate job like mine, any chance we get to work earlier like say 7 to 4? Do most company allow that or depends on the boss?

@mournfulwatcher Not exactly 7 to 4 but more like 7.30 to 4.30. A couple of my friends in government worked with that schedule. They go from their house at 6.15 and arrived by 7 am since office in KL. My company (MNC) also have this policy.

Speaking from experience, this is based on the company, some company does have flexi hours, which meant you may come like 7 to 10 am and finish 8 hours of work (excluding lunch hour) and then go back. Not all companies have this, depends on your company policy and whether it is stated in your contract.

You can also double check with HR if they have this policy in place.

Don't forget to check with your boss as well, some positions work schedule may be different, for example, a buddy of mine in procurement will come by 9 am since his work needs to deal with information from others and most people aren't around by 7 am for him to start working.

@mournfulwatcher You can search jobs across the shared services industry, some of them require working from 6am to 3pm because they need to serve europe markets. quite a lot of people don't want this kind of timing but it might work towards your advantage

@mournfulwatcher You can search jobs across the shared services industry, some of them require working from 6am to 3pm because they need to serve europe markets. quite a lot of people don't want this kind of timing but it might work towards your advantage

@mournfulwatcher Ask your HR. If like my friend, he’s in a subsidiary government own company, he asked for 7-4. Or like another friend of mine, she’s working in a uni as HR manager she works 8-5

@mournfulwatcher I’m 31 and it doesn’t change. Welcome to adult life. You make do.

But I’m still in search of an alternative, this can’t be all to life. In fact I’m surprised so many people are ok with it and just consider it part of adulting

@resjudicata Whatever systems humans are currently using to 'live' life is obviously not sustainable and not the most ideal.
Most of us work just to live and always suffer mentally. This is the same globally.