mournfulwatcher

I'm 24, been working for 5 months as an account assistant rm1800 wage cus training and probabation finishes next month, and it just seems like everyday is played on repeat over and over again and its making me so numb to life. Everyday go to work, then come back tired, i try to make time for basic exercises but slow improvement so far. Then on sat and sun I'm like too tired to do anything, just wanna rest and recharge.

How do you find time for gym, how do you find time for social life? Is it possible for jobs to have more flexible working hours other than 9 to 6? For example 7 to 4 or earlier?

@gilly48 Exactly this. I work 9 to 6, with one day off per week and half day work on Sundays. Sometimes I think about my boss that goes to his store and take care of things for a bit for almost everyday unless he's on vacation which is only 20 days per year. He just sits in his office the whole day, watching his Ipad like an Ipad kid. He's been doing that for years now.

@gilly48 Exactly. People tot when they work for themselves it’s just reducing the hours but it’s not hahaha. Some also say you should freelance but then if you can’t finish the work less than 6 hours it’s still gonna be in your head after “finish working hours” hahaha

@univ3rsouluv Yes but no, when business calls you gotta do it whether it's 2 hours a day or 16-hour days in a row for 3 weeks.

The real benefit I'd say is working more actually pays you more (typically).

@dwc Guess I ain't in the same kind of business you do 😂

Mine just go at 3 am or whenever I like finish in two hours and I'm done for the day can relax for 2 3 days before I go again, well this was before COVID anyway

well on the bright side at least you guys have paid MC, annual leave, and public holidays. Also consistent financials.

@mournfulwatcher totally understand. last time i had a 9-6 job but the actual suffering starts at 7am.

7am+ start drive to work, jam until 8.30 only reach. then work 9-6, 6pm jam again go back home. 8pm reach.

7am-8pm, mon- fri. no mood do anything. jus need to continue pushing until got better alternative. 🥴