How did you reach your ~₱300,000/month or more income?

@hope088 Luck and hard work. I was lucky to come across an opportunity to be part of a pioneering team here in PH for a niche skill. I've been able to leverage what I learned from that company and job hop every 2-3 years to get to 300k++. That being said, it came with a lot of sacrifice to my personal time, often working 10+hours per day including weekends and holidays. I've only started to ease of the pedal recently since I'm already comfortable with what I'm earning.

@hope088 I grabbed every overtime, seminars, certifications and trainings when I started working. Then I went to graduate school, studied for my MS degree.

Shifted out of the government sector upon completion of said degree, went to the private sector with my resume. ✅

@hope088 I'm in the same boat as some of the other redditors here, as of writing I'm 25M, and:
  1. Got my Bachelor's in an American university
  2. Entered into STEM OPT program and worked for a US company (first job out of college was already P300K/month)
  3. 100% own & operate a tech co. in the US, its revenue is P500K/month and pays for lifestyle
How I did it? A lot of it is based on principle and bringing locus of control closer to you
  1. Saving Philippine pesos doesn't make much financial sense in the long term. I convert my entire paycheck into crypto, use credit cards to pay my bills, then sell crypto into pesos to pay for bills
  2. Leverage money in the form of debt and get really good at managing it. You never quite understand the words of Robert Kiyosaki or Grant Cardone unless you actually do it for yourself. I think that a lot of personal finance amongst Filipinos is centered around avoiding debt, but debt is a great tool if you can keep it under control (e.g. I was able to take out a 500K loan and pay it back within 6 months with a 50K origination fee to grow my business by 35%, which is more than the origination fee itself)
  3. Realize that labor is a function of the market and that you are trading time for money. The gov't won't help you figure out how to live a good lifestyle, so you need to be able to leverage your time for money as well as other people's time for money. The job you go into is a decision that you take, alongside all other financial decisions such as being a breadwinner, for example. If expenses are cut down to the very minimum, then the only other option is to figure out how to make more money given the resources and skills that you already have