How did you reach your ~₱300,000/month or more income?

@hope088 I have one job, $140k annually working for a US based company while staying in the Philippines. Before that, I worked for another US based company in the software consulting/support industry. Stayed in my previous job for 8+ years with great mentors, supportive management, and equally great and supportive colleagues. Having been exposed to many different issues from different companies which gave me tons of relevant experience. Around the last year of my tenure, I felt that being in an "on-call" position wasn't good for me in the long run as I'm getting older and the tickets were getting a bit too easy most of the time that I wanted some challenge. Luckily I got hired by another US company for the big bucks.

Having said that, this is why whenever I read posts in phcareers on what fresh grads have to do to reach the 6 digit mark I always try to mirror it with my experience - get a good mentor or a team of mentors, managed by supportive leaders, surrounded by like-minded individuals in the team (can't do away with some bad eggs but it's fine). Getting relevant experience in your field and understanding the nitty-gritty details not just surface-level. Finally be challenged, if you're feeling like everything is just a breeze then it's time to move on to another company.

@littlepinkmitten You need to pay taxes. Can't stress that enough. Pero I just want to dispel the myth na if hindi ka nagbabayad ng tax ay hindi ka din makakapag-loan or makakapag-abroad (leisure).

@zuko I just came from 🇫🇷 got a Schengen Visa without providing ITR during my Visa application. Also got my 🇺🇸 Visa (10yr ME) without providing an ITR. Went to 🇨🇳 again no need for ITR. Again pay your taxes but its a myth na kelangan ng ITR to go abroad.

@ccm500 What document did you submit in lieu of ITR? Did you process visa yourself or thru an agency? Genuinely curious kasi pending pa ang 2306 ko from my previous employer at baka matagalan pa.

@hope088 TL; DR I have 2 jobs (remote + traditional) that both pays 6 digits

I reached 6 digits when I was still a working-student, full-time Virtual Assistant. My initial designation was Admin Assistant with 22k (450 USD) starting salary. In less than 2 years, I was promoted to Operations Manager, that is when I reached 100k (2k USD). When I passed the Bar Exam, I informed my client that I will leave the job to focus on my legal career. He convinced me to stay by doubling my salary. Currently, with my remote job as a VA, I earn 200k (4k USD).

I also work as a Corporate Lawyer at my father-in-law's business, 110k + benefits. My friends told me that this is "presyong pamilya" but it's fine since he allows me to work anywhere, and I just need to go to office for emergency and board meetings.

@hope088 Swerte lang haha. Took a risk and got my MS in Data Science, worked for a US company, in an industry na nag ppoach-an lang mga tao (no I won't tell u which one) so ending, in demand ako+skillset with employers willing to pay top dollars while living in the PH. Yung kicker? Day to day swerte na kung abutin ako ng 8 hrs sa work. Madalas 5 to 6 lang.

Last week I was literally paid to go to the gym and watch Valorant Copenhagen kasi walang need gawin or if may pumasok man na task, I can easily do it in an hour or two tapos after 1 week ang agreed delivery time