@elfynity Ex bolt driver ,yeah this is not really a good plan ,sure you can make some money but if you don't have street smarts don't even try it ,when dealing with random people in areas you don't know all that well street smarts need to be next level

@pinellaspaul You can also join a fb group of your local area and make a post similar to this, but asking for odd jobs like mowing the grass, cleaning pools, spring cleaning a house, walking dogs, fixing something, etc. you’ll be surprised how your community will show up for you when you need it. Crossing fingers you reach your goal quickly!

@truthseeker52 Yeah, I'll have to sell my second laptop as a last option. My sister uses it for school 😬 - we'll have to share mine.

I'm looking into part-time jobs as well. Not sure anything can possibly convert before the 25th.

@pinellaspaul Maybe check with cash crusaders about loan with laptop as collate. Not sure whether interest rate differences would make this a more viable option than a normal loan but as secured my gut instinct is that it is.

@pinellaspaul Buy bucket, a sponge, a window cleaning tool and some old neswpaper. Dress relatively well, but still be able to work in.

Go to the busiest street in your town with most privately owned (means the cashier/ manager would more likely have ownership) spaza shops, butchers, barbers, gift shops etc. and offer to wash windows. Go early in the day or whenever is before rush time. Make them an offer they can’t refuse and go up from there for each shop. You’ll have 5k in no time if you do this every day for a few weeks.

Also, think big!