How can I as a 15 year old save the most money by 18?

@frunziss Oh these are great ideas. You can start up a housekeeping / moving / lawn work business on task rabbit and make money that way. Just watch out for predators and be careful who you agree to work for. But I agree with the focus on your grades and go to college plan

@cytkeenan If you have a joint bank account with your mother, she can withdraw any and all money you put in, even if she never contributed anything to the account. Personally, I would not keep your money in a bank if you think she's at all likely to do this, even though I would never give that advice to anyone else except for this specific situation. Keep it in cash in a safe that only you have the combo to or if you have a relative you trust, you can give it to them for safekeeping. We've seen too many young people burned by this and there's nothing you can do because it's perfectly legal.

@cytkeenan I know that this is not what you asked for, but don't be in such a hurry to leave. The biggest issue with parental relationships is being so much in a hurry to go that we forget to prepare, or don't prepare as well as we truly should to be able to sustain ourselves. I wish that someone had told me this. If you truly want to leave home, don't save up to go shack up with friends because it never works. Instead, like other have said, work hard and go off to school. College is not for everyone, but you have to go to know. In my opinion, this is where you get your first real taste of independence and you can make this exciting too! Working the hours that you are, you can put that money towards purchases for going off to school. This will take the load off your mom if finances have been an issue, and your first real taste of independence and responsibility. Take it from me: I went and got a job at 18 but thought that independence tasted to good, that instead of going off to school, I signed a lease with my sister and friends... got caught up with boys, and being able to do whatever I wanted, that I spent that entire year in a dead-end job, having sex, drinking, and ultimately derailing my plans. I am 25 now... and I am finishing up college, but it took many years, dead end jobs, and two children to get it right. Don't be like me. Listen to my advice and you can avoid the trials and tribulations and go straight to learning the valuable lesson.

@cytkeenan Highly recommend learning how to code. It’s a skill that can get you progressively better jobs the better you are at it. If you start now, you can potentially have a decent paying job when you get to 18. Also, computer engineering degrees are a great way to make money

@cytkeenan Always be searching for another job that pays more while your working at your current job. Especially with unemployment as low as it is. Every .25 cents counts. Make GOOD friends and roommate up a lot. Emphases on good friends. You guys are all young and dumb and can get lost in the drug game pretty quick.

@cytkeenan A different piece of advice: open a Roth IRA and start contributing as much as you can to it (at least 10% of your income, more if possible). Starting this while you’re young is one of the most important things you can do for your financial future, for a few different reasons