Hospital rep stated I didn’t owe anything l, 3 months later I’m sent a bill

5djc

Back in June we received a bill stating we owed money. We called that hospital billing department asking what was owed and they stated 0. It was charged off. We have the date and the name of the agent we spoke to. We received another bill yesterday from them saying we owed a little less than the first bill in June. When I called today they said all I would have to pay is 169, that’s the best they could do. I then asked to speak to a supervisor who said I only owed 220.. the amounts keep changing. What course of action do I have when I was told I owed nothing from a rep in June.

@5djc I take it you have no insurance. If that is the case then you don’t have an insurance question which would mean you likely won’t have a useful answer from our sub here.

@5djc You can be balance billed if you went to an ‘out of network hospital/physician ‘. Request a discount if they offer it. Or a payment plan if they do not. Hospitals can only estimate what you will owe. NOT held responsible for what your insurance does if they make the balance your responsibility. This is commercial insurance in the USA