johnsonmarkus

I'm wanting to add some money into home loan with Standard Bank. I'm supposed to make a payment with their app, which is frustrating to say the least.

I keep having to log in add the home loan as an account every time I log in before I can see the option to make a payment. However it doesn't allow me to saying "You need two qualifying accounts to do this".

Has anyone had similar experiences and/or can help me what is the best way and give some tips to repay into my home loan?

@johnsonmarkus Also had plenty of issues with SB homeloan. Their system has weird quirks, but it's usually not that bad to get everything sorted out. The best option is to call their home loan department (generally quite good) for assistance and hope that you don't have to go into a branch (always terrible).

On that note, has your first debit order for your monthly repayment gone off yet? They told me I cannot deposit additional funds until the first debit order has gone through. This might be your issue as well.

@difidon I received some feedback via their community forum today. Apparently an agent has to permanently link your loan to your profile.

I've been paying the loan for the past three years already.

Thanks for the advice. Will give them a call tomorrow.