Home Insurance Claim

dyhfjsjf

Water leak damage!

Back in late July I had a water heater spray water on stored furniture in my basement. At the time I was away and one of my tenants discovered it. Immediately called a plumber that same day to replace the water heater. What I didn’t know at the time was that the water had sprayed onto our furniture which were wrapped in blankets. I discovered the damages this month, December, when I started unpacking my furniture in the basement to move. The damages are approximately $15,000. The adjuster from Farmers Insurance is claiming that I am not covered because I can’t prove that the leak damaged the furniture. I’m not necessarily sure how I would prove that unless I had been personally present, videoed and photographed the leak. Does this seem fair? Or an abuse? I have forwarded her photos of the damages that were recently discovered along with the work order and bill. Any suggestions?

@dyhfjsjf I am having a similar issue with Farmers. They are crazy! I wish someone would explain their claim process, because it seems absolutely hateful. Like they are trained to be mean on purpose. They don’t even know me, and all the lies they tell. I am wondering if they even keep their own emails, because seriously one email they send says something COMPLETELY different than what they said a week ago. I know they are busy, but damn! Sometimes I have to read the email 2-3 times and I am wondering if they have any idea that this is the same claim. It’s weird!

@dyhfjsjf I would let them know you have complied with your duties under the terms of the policy and ask them to issue a formal denial letter if they are refusing to pay what you need for the furniture.