HMO with insurance

bee300

Hello! I’m 19 years old, thinking of applying for a life insurance but my main purpose po sana is to have HMO.. although, i’ve searched about Kaiser and it has HMO plans including investments too pero yung pinakamababa na premium monthly is 2.6k which is a bit heavy for me as a college student relying on allowance only. May suggestions po ba kayo na any insurance companies that offer similar plans with lower premium?

@bee300 Pls don't mix investments from insurance. Focus first in building your emergency fund at least 3 months worth of your monthly expenses before getting HMO or insurance.

You can just wait to graduate before join company with HMO or insurance benefits para di mo na sana out of pocket expenses mo ngayon.

As for health insurance may mga term health insurance naman like Sun Life Assure for 1M covering 36 illness less than 1k monthly or less than 12k annual for sure. Then invest the difference to Pag-ibig MP2, etc.

@shiningbrightly318 Thank you po! Medyo madalas po kasi akong nagpapacheck up sa hospital and malayo po ako sa parents ko since OFW po sila. Lagi po kasing natatanong if may health card daw po ako. And sadly, wala. Kaya nag-iinquire po sana ako if san magandang kumuha na may individual plan rates para makatulong po sana sa pag-llessen ng expenses pag nagpupunta ng hospital for check-ups.

@bee300 Pls ask your doctor, clinic, and hospital to go kung anong affliated HMO nila bago kayo bumili ng HMO kasi may selected affiliations lang yan po sila and mas updated kung tanungin nyo po sila kasi may mga HMO di nagbabayad ng maayos hence cut ang affiliations.

@bee300 If you are just doing regular consultations and check-ups, you should be covered by PhilHealth. Just inquire for any Konsulta Provider where you live or work. Don’t spend any money for checkups. Please do research on PhilHealth Benefits.

@bee300 Hello OP and congrats OP for trying to find an HMO at such a young age. That's a very good practice to begin with.

It's almost impossible to "save" money by purchasing an HMO/Health Card for check-ups only. It would be best to keep in mind that these products are designed to prevent you and your family in spending your personal money just in case a medical emergency occurs.

And if your up to it, I'd be more than willing to share a health card that I personally have that you may find an interest in. It's HCA (health care access) from AXA. We can also compare it with what you have with Kaiser or any plan in mind for you to able to choose a health card/HMO objectively. Cheers!