Help with my claim! Please

beelake

Hey guys, recently I was a victim of a rear-end and hit and run, insurances have already been contacted and determined that the other person was 100% liable, for starters I drive an older car and only have 3rd party liability insurance, but the other person which was at fault I assume has full coverage bc it was a new car.

I was contacted today by my claims advisor saying that they were ready to proceed with the repairs process and determined that since the other party was at fault her insurance is paying for my repairs. Next step according to the advisor, is that I have to bring my car to the TD auto centre for them to make adjustments
and determine the parts needed and such.

What worries is that this is starting to become such an inconvenience for me, because while my car is being repaired, which is TD Insurance and the other party involved responsibility, according to TD insurance, the expense of having a rental car in the meantime has to come out of my pocket, which I don’t understand since I was at fault and now I have to incur on a rental expense? I firmly believe that I should be fairly compensated for that inconvenience since I’m the victim of the accident.

Pls help me out to understand, is my first time and I’m a college student with not much budget to spare.

@beelake What province are you from? If you didn’t have physical damage coverage on your vehicle you most likely didn’t have rental coverage either. If you don’t have coverage for a rental then you don’t get one.

@jsykes Yes, if you don’t have physical damage coverage on your vehicle, you generally can’t get rental coverage. By not having full coverage, you take a risk.