Help, do I need to file for taxes (BE form) if i earned less than 25 k last year??

@khankorp Yes, though only fill up those that you are legitimately eligible for obviously like lifestyle, insurance premium tax relief, PRS, etc

EDIT: And keep a proper filing system like scanned copies of receipt, documents, etc

To add on, you need to keep your receipts and documents for at least 7 years in case LHDN selects you for an audit.

@amrie Oooh okay2. Hmm i guess i can only show my medical insurance. My receipts for the lifestyle category are all thrown out 🙃.
I take note of filing them!
Thank youuu

@khankorp It's good practice, but optional since you earn below the threshold of RM34,000.

Optional source : https://www.hasil.gov.my/en/individual/introduction-individual-income-tax/when-is-taxable/

[INDIVIDUAL : EMPLOYMENT INCOME]()

Individuals who earn an annual employment income of more than RM34,000 and has a Monthly tax Deduction (MTD) is eligible to be taxed.

The calculation of individual threshold of non taxable income is taking into account after the deduction of annual gross income with eligible individual reliefs and tax rebates.

The basic individual reliefs may include individuals and his dependent relatives dependents as well as husband / wife and children (under the age of 18 years old) for married individuals, whilst the individual rebate (RM400) and spouse (RM400 – if applicable) is allowed if the individual’s taxable income is not more than RM35,000