Health Insurance Process and Review

@favoursaks Thanks you for this. I was looking at individual heath insurance for my parents but the high premium, copay and room sublimit is discouraging.

Just have a few questions:
  1. Did you take family plan instead of individual because the policy covers a second hospitalization?
  2. What is the approximate premium? My parents are 60+ and all I see is 30-35K per year with some copay and sublimits
  3. You mentioned "Single Private AC". How is that bad? Isn't that one of the best rooms? Anything below that is automatically covered in sublimit?
  4. Where do you buy the policy from? I look at policybazar and coverfox etc, but was thinking of buying from the company website itself. Any harm in doing so? Or should we go through these online platforms?

@xxjesusguyxx
  1. I took family plan because for 55+ parents, it turns out to be cheaper.
  2. Yes, mine are also in similar band. Although, Max Bupa is cheaper.
  3. "Single Private AC" and 4Y for pre-existing conditions are NOT bad, as such. But, in same class, HDFC and Max are providing ALL Rooms and 3Y for pre-existing.
  4. I will buy the policy in this week. Actually, I am also unsure between website and PolicyBazaar :(

@favoursaks This was a very informative read. Thanks OP !

In a similar situation as you OP. Looking for health insurance for Father(56) and Mother(49). After a lot of research found HDFC Ergo Optima Restore which suited my needs perfectly. As mom has diabetes, was expecting some loading. But after talking to an agent from HDFC ergo, he insisted that my policy will get rejected during medical checkups. He instead suggested HDFC Ergo my:health Surakhsa Gold with 10%-30% loading. Wanted to know if the agent is trying to pull one on me ?