HDFC index funds expense ratio doubled in direct plans from 15-Apr-2021

james76

HDFC index fund Nifty 50 direct plan and HDFC index fund Sensex direct plans expense ratio increased from 0.10 to 0.20 from 15-Apr-2021

HDFC index fund Nifty 50 Regular plan and HDFC index fund Sensex Regular plans expense ratio increased from 0.30 to 0.40 from 15-Apr-2021

Checkout the notice from official site https://www.hdfcfund.com/statutory-disclosure/total-expense-ratio-of-mutual-fund-schemes/reports

Edit:
As many pointed in comments, even UTI increased TER from 0.10 to 0.18, thanks to @kj_oregon and others for pointing that out

https://doc.utimf.com/v1/AUTH_5b9dd...e TER w.e.f April 16, 202120210408-113741.pdf

@wilddaisy Vanguard won't be coming anytime soon. It's too small market for them. Look at active to index funds AUM ratio.

Our best bet is Vanguard Indian version from Zerodha but it's taking forever for them.

@shanah My friend was invested in some of their debt funds and was complaining about not side pocketing because of the dhfl issues. He said they didn't consider existing investors interests in mind. He had a point. Although I just retorted with the usual don't invest in risky debt funds schtik.

Anyway I do have a lot of money in uti index funds and a little in their arbitrage fund. They are among the better amcs but dont expect purity. I suppose it's always asking for too much.

@shanah Do so without any conviction. Their index fund is probably the best right now considering fees, tracking error and other things.

@stefo Yes, thanks. Btw, I don't have a demat account. What would you recommend:
  1. buying directly from their site
  2. Using third party sites like kuvera, zerodha, paytm money?

@shanah You don't need a demat account to buy a Mutual Fund. I would use a third party site like Kuvera to buy them, as Kuvera has a few add on services to monitor your portfolio too. Specially if you are investing in other funds as well.

I believe Zerodha buys mutual funds in Demat form, which is not the best way to buy it. I personally use Kuvera.