Haven’t received a money transfer that was done 4 days ago. Christmas break have anything to do with it?

rachelfashion

A family member sent me money on the 22nd to my ANZ account. We’ve transferred money to each other multiple times in the past and it’s usually instant, but this transaction has yet to be seen. Would the holidays make a difference or any other reasoning for it taking so long? We’ve double checked the details and everything lines up.

@meritfromgrace This ^

It works on business days so Friday the 22nd was day 0, then you will have days 1 to 3 being the 27th, 28th & 28th, Days 4 & 5 will be the 2nd and 3rd.

I would expect it on/before Friday the 5th which seems like a long time but it's a weird time of year where the days sort of kind of dont count.

@rachelfashion transfers using BSB & Account number can go through the fast payments network (Osko, NPP) which is why you usually receive the money instantly.

in the case where the sending/receiving bank has a fast payments issue, the sending bank will fall-back to the “old” way which usually takes around 2-5 business days to complete. so yes it’s likely the christmas break which is causing the delay. give it a few days and you should get the money.

source: work for bank

@rachelfashion I have had the same issue with two accounts I transferred money to (I am ING, they are CBA). Have transferred in the past successfully and it has been instant but I transferred on Christmas Day and they have not got the money yet (other years it has been instant). I am presuming there was some osko issue and it will take a few business days to sort out.