Have I been over paid? Or is this correct. Confused

thelostcoin

For context - this is my first pay check in aus, I’ve just moved over from the U.K. I get paid every 2 weeks (that’s new to me), and I haven’t even worked a whole two weeks yet. My salary is roughly at $96k before it should go up soon. Anyway, for my first two weeks (actually less) I got $3475. From all my online calculators I’ve used, I thought I was going to get roughly $2.7 - 3k every two weeks. A little help would be grand. I could be missing something clear and stupid.

Edit - I’m a teacher on a 12 month contract if that helps. Maybe should have made that clearer.

@thelostcoin It might be because your first payslip is for more than a fortnight to get you onto that cycle. Like you are being paid for 19 days as you started a few days before the usual payroll cycle.

@thelostcoin You wouldn't have been paid that out. That accumulates a couple hours per week. Normally 2.88 hours per week for 4 weeks annual leave. Should be a line on you payslip for that.

As others have said. It's likely that the 12 weeks of breaks will be unpaid. $4759 X 20 is $95k ish.

@lifeisablessing Hmmm ok. I thought I’d get my annual leave over Christmas, and then a quarter of the 7 weeks paid for a quarter of the year I have worked.

I should then start being paid over the holidays next year, autumn, winter etc as I would have worked at the school for longer. Still confused but yeah must be something to do with the holidays and those 20 weeks you’ve said