GX Bank 1% Cashback | Credit Card Payment

osh

Hi, I just registered for GX Bank and was wondering if the 1% cashback is still eligible if I make payments to my credit card? I've read the policy and it seems that it isn't against the policy (to my understanding at least(?)). The only concerning part is the final item (l). The exclusions are as below:

3.3 In relation to Reward Category 1, Eligible Spend using the GX Card shall not include the following transactions and no Campaign Reward shall be awarded in respect of such transactions (“Excluded Transactions”):

(a) payment of new card issuance fees, annual card fees, card replacement fees,and/ or any other applicable card fees imposed from time to time;

(b) cash withdrawal transactions;

(c) e-wallet top-up transactions;

(d) any transactions to the merchant, AirPay Malaysia Sdn Bhd;

(e) any transactions related to SSPN Prime/ SSPN Plus savings;

(f) payment of insurances and/ or takaful;

(g) the following government related payments: Description Courts Costs (including alimony and child support) Fines Bail and Bond Payments Tax Payments Government Services Postal Services (Government Only) Intra-Government Purchases (Government Only)

(h) payment to charity and/ or social services organisations;

(i) gambling, betting and gaming related transactions;

(j) quasi cash merchant transactions (e.g. cryptocurrency, foreign currency, money order);

(k) void transactions, reversals or refunds; and

(l) such other transactions as GXBank may determine at its discretion.

@osh Make partial payment and see if it works. My bet is on it isn't eligible, being categorised under type b) or type j). The guiding principle is that there isn't a legitimate merchant at the other side of the transaction. They want you to use it directly to make business/retail transactions, not make money transfers or as an intermediary.

@osh The 1% is only for debit card usage. QR Pay or making online transfer are not eligible for the cashback. Refer back to the "Campaign Mechanics and Qualifying Criteria" in the T&C. I don't think you can make credit card payment using debit card, unless there is a way which I don't know.