Got a job offer at PwC but a bit skeptial to accept after seeing the news about the tax scandal, what should I do?

@zaki
e cream. Some of the people and th

I actually don't have any first hand experience with them. I have had Deloitte do some work for me in the past, but the was boring consulting.

Didn't KPMG get in massive trouble over some sort of cheating scandal?

I assume EY is getting split in two because of similar issues?

@cement Unlikely it will be forced, the split was to separate the audit area from the consulting areas to eliminate conflicts of interest that crop up (Consulting generates a lot more revenue compared to audit work) trying to keep the audits "clean".
The only reason why it would be forced is if either they grow super large and muscle out the competition or commit an astronomically stupid conflict of interest scandal.

@4bygrace True, I suppose the big 4 are self levelling in terms of size anyway.

The astronomically stupid conflict is unheard of amongst their peers so will probably never happen either…….

@rodan6 Memory is split into two. Active and passive. I can recall things mentioned, but it’s not active in my memory - did it impact the VW I almost bought 3 years ago? Didn’t have the slightest impact on my decision.