@bear238 Golden rule of thumb:
Kahit legit or scammer, wag na mag transact over the phone.

plus pro tip: Pwede kang mag change language to the agent.
I speak gibberish korean/japanese para end na ang call.

example: ito po bah si sir juan dela cruz? im blah blah of bpi an accredited agent of bpi.

me: yes po, bakit po... ano dai jubu desu ka nayo na? eeeeeh. oppa chamchae saeyo gaharimashta

🤣🤣🤣 end call ang futa na legit agent/scammer

@blazy777 I set my phone on DND in the hours I sleep. Short of a life-and-death sitch, everything else can go to hell.

Pag makulit, I snarl, “I’m Bruce Wayne, I OWN the fucking bank!”

@bear238 I always receive call from bpi and cellphone number lang ito. Everytime na magpapakilala pa lang na taga BPI sila icucut ko na agad sila and ill say na may tumawag na sakin and im not interested 😂😂 (altho the one that keep calling me is loan)

@sethicus Yep, also experienced this quite a lot of times, tapos timing pa when I was job hunting, so I was always answering calls. Lalabas pa ko sa meeting room pero biglang, “You are qualified po for a new credit card/ credit-to-cash promo, blah blah blah”. Hassle eh. Haha

@bear238 The same happened to me, mid last month. A number called, then a sweet, female voice was in the other line. Napaka convincing, may typical "office noise" pa sa background.

They said that BPI is going to send a new and updated debit card, kailangan daw palitan kasi mas secure daw ang bago. I entertained them for a bit. BPI daw partnered with Maya, bibigyan daw ako ng paymaya card with 17k worth of credits. They asked me to download the bpi app, then guided me pa to change some settings, specifically yung limit ng amount na pwede itransfer. Oh God napaka obvious nila.

Then nagtanong na sila about my birthday and username. Binaba ko na then block. Changed all my passwords.