@mutereality Not familiar with car maintenance, just know that old cars always have minor problems every month and that adds up (Family used to have a 22 yrs old Iswara -- firsthand car and it was like this and finally sold it 2 yrs ago for cheap) so kinda scared of getting old car as well

Am aware of new Axia E's missing safety feature like ABS and all but at least its safer than riding a bike. Used to drive the old Iswara around and pretty sure it had no ABS either.

@seeker112 Since you're experienced with cars like Iswara (I drive one now as a daily), then I'd say if the Axia E is spacious enough for your roving / student bus task, then roll with it! All the best in your search!

@tctruongson The next lowest spec Axia would almost allow me to get 2 Axia E though.

I dont mind driving Manual. and I can also do Grab with the Axia E (RM22000) as well with negligible fuel consumption as well. Is CVT really that much better ?

@seeker112 If you don't know much about cars then getting used can be risky. Try looking at Carsome. They can be trusted and I think they also provide warranty. Get something around 15k-18k. Have some extra money for repairs and general service.

This way, you can immediately have a car and one that is less chances of a lemon.

@seeker112 Fellow uni student in Pahang here. Was in a similar situation. Got a motorbike and a shitbox car so here's my view on it.

Motorbike:
Convenient to get around for cheap but pain in the ass when it rains or when the roads are dusty. If you're commuting solo most days, it's fine. Especially during these few hot months. But have to bring raincoat just in case you're going far.

Car:
Got myself a secondhand shitbox Saga for 2.7k. Had a lot of problems but fixed it myself with a friend. Repairs to date after 9 months of abuse is about 2k. But we replaced most things ourselves save for a gearbox failure. So secondhand cars can be expensive if you don't know what you're doing. But if you're willing to learn how to repair your own car, it's relatively affordable.

My advice as a part time car salesman before:
Get a secondhand car. Get one of those old cheap Protons that have been repaired well. If you're looking to do student taxi and grab, you'll need a better car: A newer Saga. But upfront cost will be higher.

Don't get a new car unless you truly plan on paying for 5-9 years and be stuck with that car depreciating every year. If you get an older car, the value doesn't drop much anymore so you can make more of your money back when you sell it.