[Georgia] 1st tangible PoC for claim filed 3/20

unde4d

Filed on 3/20. Been claiming every week. Haven’t seen a dime and still pending eligibility. Yesterday 4:40 I received a call from a (404) number out of Atlanta and it was the GA DOL. Itbis the first actual point of contact and interaction I have had with them after diligently trying to reach them for over 60 days. They are starting the process of determining my eligibility for a claim I filed on 3/20.

Desperate was weeks ago. Car repo’d in APR. Literally scraping by to try and feed my three daughters. When I realized it was the DOL on the phone I wanted to scream obscenities into the phone. I have called and emailed and blown them up on Twitter for at least 45 days straight. Took a deep breath and instead gave the DOL employee my last ounce of patience. She said my former employer would have until 5/28 to respond to my claim. If this claim were to be denied (I was fired without cause on 2/04 then drove for Uber until it got so bad I couldn’t make $5/hr - then got repo’d) I would then be able to move forward with the gig work claim.

The timeline is terrible, but it was the first glimpse of hope we have had in a long LONG time. Stay strong and best luck to all of the other Georgia residents out there having to deal with this broken system.

TL;DR I filed a claim on 3/20 and the GA DOL officially started working it yesterday at around 4:40PM.

@unde4d Wow. That sucks. And such bs and unreal So many people hurting and world is so far behind in everything. Millions be out of work. Only rich get richer.