morebelwoman

I purchased my car in 2022 with VW as a new driver. I had no assistance so I did everything by myself with no co-signers. My insurance as a first time driver was $479. After 6 months it decreased to $445.

Now it’s time for my renewal and my insurance increase by over $300. My policy starting this month is $776 ! I can’t afford to give GEICO that much. I think it’s insane.

Any help or advice on finding new insurance or tips to get it decreased beside the defensive driving course. ?!

State Farm said they aren’t taking any drivers without at least 3 yrs of being insured.

Allstate said they will contact me with a quote in 5 months.

Progressive gave me an excuse.

My Best luck so far has been w/ liberty mutual.

Help please!

@morebelwoman You had an accident, what was the total payout, not your vehicle but the other party’s payout. If you had any type of accident it will cause an increase “geico is famous for it” like every other insurance company when someone has an accident. Insurance companies aren’t in it to lose money.

@vprasadg Yes, I did have a accident. I was found guilty since it was a rare end accident. The car stopped short in front of me. But he had NO damages and only my license plate was slightly dented

@morebelwoman There is no such thing as stop short. You rear ended them because either a. You were on ur phone and not paying attention. B. Following to close so u couldn’t stop in time. C. Not paying attention and following to close.

@morebelwoman Lol. That's the reason. And Geico is notorious for that. They just raised your premiums. For me they canceled the insurance, and fucked my record badly. Same scenario, in the car wash. Nothing happened to my car. Literally a scratch to the other party's car.