G.M. to Idle Plants and Cut Thousands of Jobs as Sales Slow

Subaru is doing a pretty damn good job on the millennials.

That being said, their quality has gone down a bit.

AWD for anywhere with 4 seasons - good cargo space and a utilitarian, yet solid (and easy to clean) construction and good sight-lines.

I see that they're further streamlining the engines and I understand it from a business perspective, but as a consumer, I want more POWER.

@resjudicata I really don't understand why anyone would buy a Subaru. They never update their cars, like the only improvement they've made in the past ten years is adding an infotainment screen, and they're all slow as shit. People buy the hell out of them though, I guess they just have a good brand reputation.

I love the AWD, and the storage, my god, they're so roomy inside, the amount of stuff I've gotten in my Forester is insane, or maybe I"m just nuts for trying it hah...but they're so roomy and the back windows/windshield isn't the size of my tablet screen so it feels nice to be able to look back and actually see out the windows. When we were looking for a vehicle we test-drove quite a few and I feel like so many CUVs have such narrow rears that the windows are so small. That being said, they are quite boring inside, and I always loved the look of Volvo or Acura dashboards, but that's a whole other class so tough to compare.

@resjudicata Same here, absolutely love the forester. Best car I've ever owned/driven so far (but I spend time driving through blizzards and mountains and whatnot.) Not everyone needs that sort of agility but it works for me.