Frugal tips to save money

@hupto Most people can save a reasonable amount just with meal planning and cutting the impulse shopping. No need to stick to lentils and beans! Although I have an awesome vegan chilli recipe and am very fond of cauliflower and turmeric soup, as cheap meals can be tasty.

Shop around for insurances and utilities. Cut the subscriptions you don't use. Sell anything you don't want. Check taps etc to make sure they are not leaking.

And with petrol- service your car, fill it when it's half empty and plan your outings so you don't make unnecessary trips.

@brunojax It does smooth out potential volatility in the pump price, and if you fill up every week and an unexpected expense comes up you can always reshuffle compared to being on empty - but not really going to

@brunojax Never letting your tank get low isn't really about saving petrol money, it's about not letting any contaminants right at the bottom of your fuel tank come through to your filters and possibly your injectors.
Basically it's about reducing any unnecessary servicing costs.
Some might say you're less likely to get contaminants in your fuel tank now, as gas stations have modern tanks, but I've drained the fuel tank on my car recently and there was some crud and the filter was totally packed with it.

@carlthedreamer I would argue that frozen veges are also fresher than what you buy in the fresh section at the supermarket.

I often go to buy some veges but put them back because they're half rotten and/or crazy expensive. The other day it was $3.80 for half a celery that had 3 lengths on it.